the cake is a lie!
Well may we say “God save the Queen”, because nothing will save the Governor-General
- abetterqueue.com - filter & browse Netflix instant movies with Rotten Tomatoe’s Tomatometer
- oracleofbacon.org - connect actors by the movies they’ve acted in together
- movie-censorship.com - find the differences between different releases of the same movie
- imsdb.com - a database of tons of movie scripts!
- whatthemovie.com - attempt to identify movies by the screenshot of one scene alone
- canistream.it - check if something’s streaming on Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon, Crackle, Blockbuster, YouTuber, Redbox, or iTunes with one click!
- doesthedogdie.com - ranks films based on whether the dog/pet in them dies, so you can watch without covering your eyes.
- movie.tumblr.com - a tumblr blog full of movie quotes, scenes, facts, news, trailers and everything else movies!
I’ll give it to you movie.tumblr.com you earned my follow after this. Much love to the growing movie community on tumblr!
Gloria Steinem and Dorothy Pitman-Hughes, 1972 and 2014
Both by Dan Bagan
Wanna see my cry like a baby? Ask me who these women were.
Hughes’ father was beaten nearly to death by the KKK when she was a kid, and what does she do? Become an activist to try and stop that from happening to other people. She raised money to bail civil rights protesters out of jail. She helped women get out of abusive situations by providing shelter for them until they got on their feet. She founded an agency that helped women get to work without having to leave their children alone, because childcare in the 1970s? Not really a thing. In fact, a famous feminist line in the 70s was “every housewife is one man away from welfare.”
Then she teamed up with Steinman to found the Women’s Action Alliance, which created the first battered women’s shelters in history. They attacked women’s rights issues through boots on the ground activism, problem solving, and communication. They stomped over barriers of race and class to meet women where they were: mostly mothers who wanted better for themselves and their children.
These are women are who I always wanted to be.
When someone reblogs an ancient post from your blog, one that wasn’t even tagged